Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of both headers (doesn't matter about finish or anything. Using them for straight pipes) a header to muffler clamp in good shape, an upper triple clamp don't care about the finish. Getting it polished. And a stator cover without any cracks (keeping my fingers crossed). Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Almost any 450 headers will work..... The top bridge is getting scarce, but a sohc 650/4 (standard, not the Custom), and sohc 750/4 top bridge fits, just no rubber handlebar cushions...(rigid bar mounts)..... Good luck on the stator cover....try ebay...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I've probably got you covered on the headers but I'll have to look tomorrow to be sure. I think the mufflers were pretty well stuck on there if I remember correctly.. I should also have a stator cover from a K7 model as well.

I've probably got a set of CB500T headers left too. They had/have a nice and clean "collector" between them too.. IF I still have them that is..

You might PM me tomorrow to remind me to have a look..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would definately be interested in the cover for sure. Mine has a crack that I jb welded from the inside. Holds but doesn't work with the overall look I was going for if you know what I mean. Would the headers off of a 80"s model CM450 work? I think I still have a pair of those from the parts bike I came up on.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Correction ...Almost any DOHC Honda 450 headers should fit....The CM 450's probably won't...Not 100% sure as I never tried it....

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Bill,
Yes,... the CM's are SOHC, but that doesn't mean the headers won't fit on the DOHC 450...(the question I was trying to answer was "Would the headers fit?".....)
Since I have never tried it or seen it done, I couldn't say "Yes"....But then I can't say "No" either.......They just might fit.....You never KNOW until you trial fit..... ;)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
66Sprint said:
Bill,
Yes,... the CM's are SOHC, but that doesn't mean the headers won't fit on the DOHC 450...(the question I was trying to answer was "Would the headers fit?".....)
Since I have never tried it or seen it done, I couldn't say "Yes"....But then I can't say "No" either.......They just might fit.....You never KNOW until you trial fit..... ;)

Sorry Steve, guess I read your post as implying CM's are DOHC 450's........OFS (Olde Farte Syndrome)

I have a 400 here, but the measurements probably aren't the same as a CM 450.
Got no idea myself, never tried it and there are lots of variables - not just the size of the headers, but all the angles and lengths need to snake through that footpeg area.

And if you change your top clamp, it might affect your instrument mounting, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They do not fit. The CM has a smaller header and is not compatible.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I've got a good dent free set of headers that have a little surface rust on the inside of the curved area. Surface rust only and only on the inside curve. It's about 6 inches long of surface rust. They'd likely clean up pretty nice in my opinion..

The stator cover I have is shown below. It has scratches on it and I've tried to show them as best as I can. It doesn't leak though and would be an improvement over your JBwelded one. The worst area is the "A" in "Honda" is worn a little thinner than the rest of the letters, from a bent shift lever in it's previous life. It has scratches above and below the "A" as well. It'll likely sand out and could be polished afterwards. The deepest gouge is shown on the top right of the cover, by the bolt hole, but some creative work with a file might help that a lot.

Please review and make an offer SHIPPED to you on the headers and the cover as a package deal. If anyone else can help us with a fair price then please speak up. I'm not used to selling these parts..

[attachment=4:34d1f4cr]S5030027.JPG[/attachment:34d1f4cr]
[attachment=3:34d1f4cr]S5030028.JPG[/attachment:34d1f4cr]
[attachment=2:34d1f4cr]S5030029.JPG[/attachment:34d1f4cr]
[attachment=1:34d1f4cr]S5030030.JPG[/attachment:34d1f4cr]
[attachment=0:34d1f4cr]S5030031.JPG[/attachment:34d1f4cr]

I've tried to show the depth of the scratches the best I can.. I think it'd polish up nicely but I've been wrong before..

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good enough. I think I could get it pretty close. I have no idea what would be fair. The headers I can find pretty cheap but not sure about the cover. I have seen them on fleabay for totals all over the place. From $25 to $150 (for a new one). What do you think is fair. The headers will be wrapped so the rust isn't an issue.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The shipping is gonna be the worst part of it. I've probably got somewhere between $20-30 in the headers from when I bought them and I'm not really asking anything out of the cover so that evens things out for you. I'm gonna lose a small amount of money regardless but I don't have a clue what to ask. How about we let the forum help us with a price??

What do the rest of you guys/gals think is a fair price for it all??? Shipped.

PM me your name and address so I can try to get a shipping quote from the local post office.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any ideas yet?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I've got the parts laying here inside, but I've been busy during the day lately. I've got an appointment with my lawyer today and some other things to deal with. I'm trying man..

I'll let you know asap.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No rush. I meant about the price. I am in absolutely no hurry. The frame is off getting blasted and coated. I'm at a standstill for a couple off weeks. Take your time.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I still have no idea on price but I did get a shipping quote today. It's a rather large box but they said even if I cut it down to size that the shipping would cost the same because of weight. $11.00 and change for shipping. So make me an offer on the parts with shipping included into the amount..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts