Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my mechanic calls me and says your carbs are toast and not rebuildable. I have been working on this bike here and there for several years. I am now ready to install the engine and fire her up. My question is do you all know what years will fit my engine and is there anything I need to look for special for this year of cb450.

The manufacture plate on the bike is 10/71 and it is a cb450. I looked on eBay but not sure what to buy as I don’t have the carbs in front of me to compare.

Can you all help me out? Any of you guys have any for sale or know where a good deal is on a pair. I would be nice if they were already rebuilt and gone through. I don’t need em all shiny and looking new I just need a set to go on this project which has been chopped into a hardtail.

Let me know your thoughts if you know of a source for some also what years will fit it.

Kindest regards,

Chris.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crap I just noticed I put in wrong section. I’m sorry for that. Can a mod please move it to the appropriate forum

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Some one would have had to take a hammer to them for them to be unrebuildable. I suggest getting with forum member and vendor Kevin at scrambler cycle. He rebuilt mine on my 450K6 and 500T.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
But if you must buy them, I would actually suggest getting the carbs for the CB500T since they come with the vacuum ports for easy syncing.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
But if you must buy them, I would actually suggest getting the carbs for the CB500T since they come with the vacuum ports for easy syncing.
I agree, I thought long and hard before drilling vacuum ports in the head of my 450K6 but once synced I'm so glad I did. Changing to 500T carbs is the better idea.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Man, I got rid of 5 pair of cb450 carbs 3 months ago. They were just taking up space and needed to make room. I would have love to have sent them out to you. I’m sure you could have had at least 3 rebuildable sets out of that box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts