Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building a dirtbike & looking for some cheap old chopper extended forktubes. rusty ok as long as they are straight & are kinda clean where the seals ride.
email me [email protected]
THANKS Craig

·
Registered
439 Posts
HEy, check with member cl450nut! he is converting a CL chopper to stock/cafe. I'll see him this eveniong so will mention you're looking for him. danWI

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
I had a 6" over set..... for the early external spring 350 forks....I'll look for them if they won't be too long for your purposes....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
66Sprint said:
I had a 6" over set..... for the early external spring 350 forks....I'll look for them if they won't be too long for your purposes....

Ill pull my frontend apart & get a measurement on the tube length. THANKS

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
These are complete...assembled with sliders.... measure from axle center to top of shouldered section where the top bolt inserts.... (for length comparison...)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
66Sprint said:
These are complete...assembled with sliders.... measure from axle center to top of shouldered section where the top bolt inserts.... (for length comparison...)

ok. mine are 27 1/2"

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
I'll get a length at the shop tomorrow.....Hopefully, they'll be in the 29.5 to 32" range

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Sorry to raise your hopes... they were 8" over and my partner sold them last week....
I guess "forking by Frank" is your best bet...again, sorry....steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
66Sprint said:
Sorry to raise your hopes... they were 8" over and my partner sold them last week....
I guess "forking by Frank" is your best bet...again, sorry....steve

No worries. Thanks for thinking about me. Not really wanting new & in no hurry. I will find some old chopper pieces....

This is the pile I'm working on. "Spare Parts Scrambler". I have some 15" shocks coming & when I find fork tubes I will make a new lower shock mount to increase the rear susp. travel. Just want a fun "junk" bike to beat around on...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
She's got a good look to her already!! Keep us posted (pictures ;) ) on your updates when you get the chance..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts