Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my CB350 frame off with a local fabricator, and he's going to knock off the footpeg/kick stand bar mounts and recommended a different one to weld on to replace it - but I need to know the distance from the frame rail to ground, with the bike upright, on the left side.... many thanks :)

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
Why don't you just temporarily bolt the footpeg assembly back on the frame and measure the distance from the side stand pivot to the lower frame tube, then have him fabricate a plate of that length/width? the 450 is different but similar, and this is what I did - cut the left footpeg mount off the assembly that held both footpeg and side stand, then had the remaining section welded to the spot where it used to be just bolted on

peg.jpg 20170210_165224.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He seems to think its best if we move the kickstand a little more forward, which could change the situation. It was one of those sanity check things, I believe - because when he's done with the frame I want to take it to powdercoat and it would suck that if were way off the mark once it was painted. I wish I'd done it before I stripped the bike, but hindsight is 20/20.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have their bike out this long weekend that can grab a measurement for me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts