Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

I purchased a 1975 Honda CB360T (K0 I believe) that has been pretty stripped and 'cafed' out by the previous owner (I know..sigh). Anyway, it currently has a Dime City Cycles sourced billet aluminum triple clamp that is devoid of handlebar receivers/risers or anywhere to put them (designed to be used and is currently being used with clip ons). They make one with pre-drilled holes and inquired about an exchange but no dice.
As the stock ones were prone to cracking they are tremendously hard to find second hand.

What I am wondering is this:
1. Anybody have a set they could sell to a loving, daily driving home?
2. What other triple clamps (if any) are compatible? (Think CB350, CR's, etc, I dont know)
3. Anyone have experience drilling or welding billet?

Thanks gentlemen. Do your thing.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
...that has been pretty stripped and 'cafed' out by the previous owner (I know..sigh)
I feel your pain... the K0 is usually a '74, the first year I believe, but dealers were known to hold over unsold new machines and re-title them back then, so it could easily be titled '75. If you could find someone to drill precision holes with proper taper in the top and bottom of the DCC top bridge, you might be able to use the stock handlebar risers and tapered cushions, below

https://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/honda-cb360-sport-1974-usa-handlebartop-bridgestem_bighu0231f9004_0843.gif

part numbers

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb360-sport-1974-usa_model1007/partslist/F++04.html#.W1ejDtVKjcs

Edit - I just found this on another site, might be true - didn't research the part numbers but cmsnl.com could help there
"Possibly a '73 350 triple would, it's the only year the 350s had a disk up front, although I don't know if they changed things for the 360s"

·
Registered
555 Posts
They show up on eBay, but they’re fairly expensive. If you have a welder nearby that does aluminum, the top clamp can be welded if you can get ahold of a broken one (with the broken bits). If you don’t have a guy, there’s a thread on here about someone who welds CB450 clamps, I imagine he’d do a 360 one just fine. Will see if I can dig that up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got MIG and TIG and a skilled welder at my disposal so a broken one is certainly a possibility, but not ideally what I was looking for. I had hoped to drill and thread holes for receivers but I'd botch it up I am sure.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It’d be interesting, for sure. They have a taper to accommodate the rubber dampers, so you’d have to machine that. I’ve seen em welded up so well that they look like new, so might be a viable option there. Just saw an intact one for $130 on there too, which is a bit steep but probably par for the course.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the long absence.
I broke down and spent the cash for an intact stock triple which included risers.
Now, before I install, at risk of cracking it, what is the proper procedure and torque for replacing?
The factory service manual is surprisingly vague/nonchalant.
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts