Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, been having a blast with my CB 360. Ive torn it down and gotten it built back up over the winter (no engine work). Been riding great but have decided to finally open up the right side crankcase cover to clean the oil filter. This piece fell out and I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes? Been looking on the schematics but cant find it. Anyone know where this goes? Also found a bit of metallic looking dust in the sludge in the oil filter... should I be concerned?

Thanks

IMG_7485.JPG CA548492-8692-4770-B8D1-D92F5629EAAA.JPG

·
Administrator
12,942 Posts
If it actually came from the right crankcase cover when you had it off - and not found its way in there from elsewhere in the engine - then it could be involved in #9 here (but with it in your hand and nothing of known size next to it to help with size perspective, it's hard to judge)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am no expert but being neck deep in a total tear down of a 350 currently I would say that looks like one of the locating pins that goes into a bearing in the crankcase to me. I could be wrong but that looks pretty familiar to me after looking at all the pieces that came out of my engine.

Hope that helps and am interested to see what others might think it is.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe lost by PO or factory worker. Does look like shift fork pin, too big for shift drum star pin. Oil pump shaft has a pin in it #9

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts