Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody any ideas ,I did get some race pistons with all the bits I bought could these have been specially made as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Whoever the manufacturer, they look to have been turned from end to end. Not raw castings turned at the contact/wear surfaces like the stockers.

Just a quick thought there....

EDIT: I also noticed something else that Ebay seller had for sale. He has a countershaft cover that has no gear shift pattern cast into it? Is this normal for the year, or any year for that matter??? I thought the 4 speed indicated (on the cover) 4 gears and the 5 speed, 5 gears?

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Nope... On the 450's you have to KNOW the minor differences in the covers ( bolt positions, shift-shaft placement) to even attempt to tell a 4 and a 5 speed cover apart....At first glance, they appear identical, but they're not.... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tbpmusic said:
Chris -

OK, I didn't respond till now because I'd never seen it (cams without o-rings) before, and I've seen a LOT of 450's.

Here's an EBay listing - looking at the photos, these cams don't seem to have o-rings either.
Sorry I can't offer an explanation......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...name=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=#ebayphotohosting
Whoever honda 3370 is on the other site said that he made the pistons.Maybe someone can ask him if he knows but I wouldn't know how to contact him or who he is. Regards chris.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
That would be Terry Naughtin of Team Hanson Honda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.