Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, by now I don't even remember when I originally tried to get started on this project. Things kept coming up or happening, to delay it ( I won't go into all of that some of you KNOW a couple of things that slowed things up ). At any rate, alot of time HAS passed, but I am in better position to move with this now AND here's what I started with at first:

Not a pretty sight, by any means. But, then A SOHC4 member was getting out of the bike business and I got almost a whole Super Hawk from him (minus some pretty necessary hardware) and as soon as I can get it all out to take some pictures to post, I will do just that (soon) and add them in here on this post. Then, I managed to pick up on other parts from ebay, to include a frame w/ a title, a CL77 engine that turns over with compression and should run (but isn't very nice looking and I will remedy that), a fairly decent front fender that I never thought I'd be able to afford, a couple of gastanks, a couple of sets of the gas tank panels, at least 1 set of the rubber knee pads and some misc parts and hardware. As I can get the parts out, I will take pictures and post them in the 1st post, leaving pictures of the progress, to be posted as things go along. One major thing that I need to get are a set of Megaphones.

Later on, Bill

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always cool to see the Yamaha 350s and 400s. Keep us posted on how that goes, as you can. I have a RD350 that needs crankseals, carbs cleaned and detailing. But I DO have some in the state of disassembly that your 400 is. In fact, I've got my Super Hawk in the same state now, along with the other parts I have that I think I could build yet another one from.

Here's the RD350

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Znabb said:
Lots of work ahead of you Bill. This will be interesting to follow. I've got quite fond of the "slopers".

Yeah, from the looks of that one, there IS alot of work ahead, but I have some other stuff that I've picked up on and as soon as time and the weather permits, I'll lay out what I've gotten to work with. I think that I might be able to build 2 or pretty close to it. I like the "Slopers" myself. I'm especially partial to the 250/305 models. Right now, will be spent just getting things lined out, as I am getting ready to make the trip to the Barber Museum on the 8th of October. Then I will be getting down to it. I feel pretty good about things this time and have the camera to take and post progress pictures. I HOPE nobody expects a "Restoration" cause that's not what's in store for this project.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HerrDeacon said:
Excellent to see you starting a build thread on this one Bill, I'm really looking forward to seeing how you'll work your magic on this one.

I love the look of the sloped engines and that tank is awesome, should be nice.

Thanks Perry. I seemed to have tried to start this up several times and only had to back off for one reason or another.
I don't know about "Magic" but I have pans for it that I hope will do the trick.

I think Steve would like to see an engine done with the 450 topend, as I would TOO, but I just don't have the funds for that sort of thing. I would LOVE to be able to and have most all of the main parts to do so. It's the welding & machinework that I can't swing. I WILL say tat I have some tricks up my sleeve though and hope I can pull it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts