Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's one of them, it's a 1966 H-D/Aermacchi M-50 50cc 3speed on the handlebar 2 dinger, about 45 mph topend, none of that sissy oil pump stuff using 2-stroke oil on this one, originally 40wt 3oz. per gallon mix says so right on the gascap, :lol:

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Ahhh Yes, The little sister to my 1966 250 Sprint "C" model....... Don't you just love tickling her carb?....LOL..... Steve

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
Ahhh Yes, The little sister to my 1966 250 Sprint "C" model....... Don't you just love tickling her carb?....LOL..... Steve
Hey Steve, I've been meaning to ask you about the 66Sprint screen name. I had a 64 Sprint (at least I think it was a '64) with a high mounted exhaust pipe when I was in high school. Next to my Dad's CL350 it was the first bike I rode on the street. I rode the heck out of that thing when I got my permit at 15 1/2. We also used to ride it in Dist. 37 desert events. The rubber mounted handlebars turned out to be the downfall. I broke the handlebar tab off when landing from a jump one day. It was a fun bike and I'd like to find another.

Do you have a picture of yours.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
The high pipe would indicate an "H" model..... Only minor differences, much like the CB vs CL's....LOL...... Here's a pic of my original "mock-up" running it with Honda 350 forks, and wheels..... Took almost another two years to find all the original parts....

Forgive the quality...It's an old Poloroid..... :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
The high pipe would indicate an "H" model..... Only minor differences, much like the CB vs CL's....LOL...... Here's a pic of my original "mock-up" running it with Honda 350 forks, and wheels..... Took almost another two years to find all the original parts....

Forgive the quality...It's an old Poloroid..... :lol:
Cool,

The only thing that looks familiar to mine (as best as I can remember) is the engine and maybe the tank. I seem to recall the frame going all the way back to the end of the fender but I'm probably wrong on that point. The seat was straight as a board and set up for dual seating. The left side kick start was always fun.

Mine was just about identical to this one not including the white seat.

http://www.aermacchisprint.com/slide_shows/63.html

Here is a black and white photo of what I'm talking about.

Although this is a nice racing example. Yea, Yea, that's me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mike - where was the PIC with the racer taken?

Ernie

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
qcrider said:
Mike - where was the PIC with the racer taken?

Ernie
Barber Museum during a private RC51 Trackday a couple of years ago.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Yes, the C and H models had some differences in frame, tanks, aircleaners and bracketry, and some bodywork much like the CB vs CL variances...Then in 67 the SS model appeared... The early racer in your pic has a stock long-stroke engine, wet clutch, and no magneto.... By 66 it had evolved to this....

I WANT ONE!......

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Thought I'd toss in a better pic (closer to done...Still has 350 forks and wheels and LOTS of non stock mods).....LOL.....(But that's me.....)

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That looks pretty good. Are the handlebars stock? If not, how did you deal with mounting non-stock bars in that funky rubber mounting block on the triple?

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
I just welded on a flat tab to fit the clamp cushion...... Those are XS 400 special bars...
I also converted it to a 12V system to simplify battery and lighting aquisition....(and numerous other mods)....LOL.... :D Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts