Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after almost screwing up royally buy buying a too-good-to-be-true Meanstreak,
I had a friend call me saying he was getting transfered to California and wanted to make me a
sweet deal on his 2004 Yamaha FZ1.
Details then pics:
2004 Fz1 with 47K cross-country miles with these upgrades:

Rizoma handlebars/grips/bar-ends
Rizoma LED turn signals
ASV levers
Zero Gravity black windscreen
Sargent seat with blue piping
MIVV short exhaust canister
Ivan's Stage 3 jet kit
Front and rear suspension reworked by Traxxion Dynamics
All fasteners and bolts replaced with SS hex heads

I paid $3200 for her and am telling you this bike has been VERY well maintained and cared for.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That's a very nice looking bike man! Congratulations!!

$200+ on just turn signals?!?!?! :shock: I thought I was the only one that spent money in ways like that!! :lol:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
The FZ1 is a great bike for running down the road and it handles well enough that, in the right hands, will stay with just about anything in the twisties. That pipe will be a little loud especially if you're taking a longer trip on the highway but the comfort of the seat will at least let you enjoy the sound in comfort. I've ridden a lot of R1's and several FZ1's on the street and they have a great motor. It's a great wheelie machine if you want.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually Mike, I was very surprised just how un-offensive the exhaust note is.
Just a quiet rumble;
but then again I haven't had the engine over 5k yet. :D

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
inline4 said:
Actually Mike, I was very surprised just how un-offensive the exhaust note is.
Just a quiet rumble;
but then again I haven't had the engine over 5k yet. :D
That may change it completely. I know with my KZ its like flicking a switch at 4500, completely different sound.

Bike looks great, should be a blast. Have fun :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have ridden quite a few R1's and Fz1's.

Be careful.

I rode an R1 from Michigan to NYC and back a couple years ago, and after a while you can talk yourself into just about anything, saying you know how to handle the power. It can catch you off guard sometimes. They are a LOT of motor.

My neighbor now owns a 2001 R1, and even being 9 years old, it's a powerful machine.

I haven't a clue what your riding experience is, but, pretend you've never ridden before.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice. Love these do everything bikes. I've got an 07 FZ1. Bulletproof motors. Got to love the 26,000 mile valve service interval.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I don't understand the grips above...what am I looking at there ?

Also...why don't those pictures come up with the "Quote" function ? How are you "Attaching" the pictures ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
inline4 said:
http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/download/file.php?id=2298&t=1

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Pictures aren't included in Quotes,unless they're in line attachments.

Right click on the picture, properties gives you the image URL, and you can past that into your new post for 'reference'.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts