Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=0:2sfncvfn]DSCF0026.JPG[/attachment:2sfncvfn]

Here it is. Looks better in pics than in person, but I think it's beautiful because I own it.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congratulations... let the fun begin :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fun has begun! Took it out today for my first run on it. It had a rather serious oil leak that I wanted to tend to before i rode it too much. Started up easily. Shifted through all the gears great, both up and down. However, after it warmed up and I shut off the choke it would bog down and stall. With the choke full open it ran fine, but the idle would stay around 3K rpm. Any suggestions as to what I should do to correct this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Ok...Lets get the terminology straight.... Choke off= Choke open is lever down... Choke on = Choke closed is lever up.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, i'll admit, i am a bit unsure about the choke position. When the bike is warmed up should the choke lever be in the up position or down while riding? :oops:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Down! And try not to brush it with your leg while riding. I've done that a couple times .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info and the tip about the leg brushing against it. I did have it in the down position while riding it, but at stops with the clutch in or while in neutral the engine revs at 3000 RPM and won't drop any lower. Would this mean that the carb idle screws need adjustment? I don't know if the previous owner messed with any adjustments or not.

Again Thanks!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
PAScrambler said:
....at stops with the clutch in or while in neutral the engine revs at 3000 RPM and won't drop any lower. Would this mean that the carb idle screws need adjustment? I don't know if the previous owner messed with any adjustments or not.

On a 450, this is almost invariably due to the carbs being "out of synch".
See the "Sticky" post in the 450 section here regarding this procedure......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, my carbs were out of "synch". I followed the procedure in the sticky post and now have it idling at a smooth 1000 rpm. :D

Again, Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
PAScrambler said:
Yup, my carbs were out of "synch". I followed the procedure in the sticky post and now have it idling at a smooth 1000 rpm. :D

Again, Thank you for your help!
Glad to help - enjoy your 450........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts