Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just picked up a 69 CB450. PO installed clubmans, new gauges(more on that in a sec), new chain and batt.

Its lots of fun and much classier than my SV :) Now while I dont know the direction the bike will take yet (other than forward!) I do have a few issues

1. The speedo no worky
2. When the engine tops out the tach reads 6-7k?

I plan on hooking up the oem gauges and see what readings I get.

Not only do I think its time for new cables, but the OEM ones seem a little long with the clubmans where can I get some shorter cables for everything? (tach, speedo, throttle, and brake)

Also, how bad do you think those supertrapp mufflers are hurting performance?

Was there a gas and or shift light?

enough talk PICS!!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
NO "low fuel" or "gear position" idiot lights other than the neutral lamp....... Welcome to the group!...... Steve

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice find.....SV's are nice bikes too. :geek:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
That bike looks very nice.

Pull the speedo cable off and push the bike around to see if the cable is turning. If not, it's probably broke or the gear drive in the front wheel is.

The tach probably is wrong just based on not being factory. I don't mind the way the factory gauges look, myself. Lots of people put those tiny ones on for some reason. The previous owner probably just learned their shift points and never paid attention to the revs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tach probably is wrong just based on not being factory.
YEP thats what happened, connected the OEM tach and speedo and they work fine.

I like the small gauges are there any that will give an accurate reading?

Can anyone tell me what the butterfly on the left side of the bike between the carb and the filter? I was thinking cut off but I cant think of a worse way to stop and engine than removing air (other than removing gas) I have circled it in the attached file

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts