Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 2 years of getting things done we have a live engine and a reasonable charge.

Remade valve seats 4 off
4 off New valves
Refaced cams
Refaced cam followers.
Decoked
New gasket set.
New oil of course
Loads of cleaning, checking and re checking
All torqued down and a recheck will be done

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Sweet! nice charge numbers and a great looking bomber!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Well done Nigel. I know how much this means to you. Now maybe you will have time to come down and say hello to your Denbigh brother!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will certainly be looking to visit again Ray. As you know it's always a pleasure for me visiting you and Shelia
Well done Nigel. I know how much this means to you. Now maybe you will have time to come down and say hello to your Denbigh brother!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Been a while Nige but well worth it by the sounds of it!
Looks like you can make this Bomber meet I'm putting together next Summer I hope? (With my tappets correctly adjusted!;))
well done fella!
Nige B.

Reactions: nigelrharris03

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MOT safety test passed today lunchtime. I jury rigged a small voltmeter to the bike. Running at 40mph about 3.6-4k rpm I was getting up to 16v. I now need to get a VR as this will be too much for the new AGM battery, just ordered it as I am not happy about the idea of it exploding due to over voltage charging.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
One step at a time but you are getting there.

Reactions: nigelrharris03

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She rode well Ray, I didn't take her above 40mph and mainly stayed lower, as I was concerned about the charging, as AGM batteries don't react well to overvoltage. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Yes get your voltage under control before something bad happens and spoils all the effort and work you have in her.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes exactly. I have the new VR installed. I need to power her up and check the voltages when she's running which I will do as soon as I can get some time when I am not going to upset the neighbours in the evening. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Nigel

My K0 has been sitting in the garage for a couple of years and I think the time has come to take the plunge and whip the motor out and attempt to rebuild it.

It will need the cams and followers re-facing. Can you let me know who did yours and a rough guide to the cost.

Do you have any preferred UK suppliers/makes for things like gaskets/cam-chains etc..

Thanks

Charlie

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Charlie.
Cams and followers the top man is Phil Joy [email protected] 07712 840591.
Ryes LaneThe Workshop
Hatfield Heath
Bishop's Stortford CM22 7BS
United Kingdom

David Silver for pretty much else. I always try to get Vesrah gasket sets, where possible, as I believe that they are the best quality I have found, ebay has been good for them. K0 sets are pretty much gone now, later ones still work.

Where are you based Charlie?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VR in and working, now I have to wait to ride it in the daytime. Hopefully Saturday will be nice and dry :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where are you based Charlie?
Sadly I'm miles from you up in the NW.

Thanks for the info I will give Joy a call and sort getting my stuff over there.

Did you use the Vesrah head gasket or fork out for an OE one?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The one that came with the set, it works well. I have friends in the North. The company UK HO is in Leeds. Please feel free to ask questions there are many very knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rode on Saturday. Electrics good now with the VR. Just an annoying misfire on one cylinder after app 5K rpm needs investigating.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts