Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my name is Bill and I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. I just found this forum site last night and am excited about future info and connections. I have a '68 CB350 that I have had since new. Its serial number is before Honda started the K series for these bikes. It is in relatively good shape, but I am attempting a restoration to bring it back to as close to new looking as possible. After sitting for maybe 17 years since last being run, I cleaned the carbs, tried to clean the rust from inside the gas tank, installed a new battery, and after locating the ignition key that I hadn't seen in about that long, it started and ran after about a dozen kicks. I am totally disassembling everything I can, down to the base frame. Gonna be a fun (I hope) project. I will be looking for various parts along the way, so if there are recommended sites to visit, or stay away from, I would appreciate any info I can get. Not sure how to post photos, but will figure that out in time.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi and welcome Bill. You've come to the right place. There is plenty of invaluable knowledge about our beloved twins in this forum. I'm sure the 350 owners here can help you to get your bike back on the road. I must admit, that reading your introduction brought a smile to my face. Having a '68 350 since new is certainly not the standard, but to start it with relatively little effort after 17 years... awesome!
You've said, that you just discovered this site so you probably don't know, but pictures are highly appreciated. The saying here is: No pics, it didn't happen.:D

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I have a '69 CL350 that I've owned since it was new. It sat out in my mower shed, untouched for over 20 years and didn't start as easily as yours did...lol. That said, it's been up and running for almost 4 years now and looks pretty good. A blast from the past, for sure. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts