Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've always found it hard to get into those small difficult to reach areas to clean :D I usually use a dremmel with the small buffing wheel attached.Sure we all know the little buffing wheels just spin on the shaft after little use not to mention they cost a small fortune and are not small enough to get into the tiny areas.I' ve struggled for years and today came up with this idea.(See pic)
@ double ended cotton buds- pence per bucketfull and you get two goes for eack one. :D :D
I had to increase the plastic shaft size of the shaft on cotton bud to fit my collet on dremmel with a bit of masking tape but it holds quite nicely even without the collet holder.Not spun one out to date but try at your'e own risk.I like it how sad it that :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I suppose I should rephrase that and say use the collet holder.As I was working down a blind hole it couldn't fly out but to be on the safe side it should always be fitted.Looks like somebody has tried to get to the bottom of this hole before but only took me a couple of minutes with a bit of solvosol autosol & my "buddy" to get to this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've refined this technique in the last ten minutes.As dremels rev fast and shafts on cotton buds bend easily if you cut down length to about 1" and push the cotton end into the holder before tightening collet holder they dont bend lose speed,wobble about or need masking tape on shaft.Make sure you lightly push on cotton end whils tightening collet holder down.Cotton acts as like packing into holder if you get my drift. Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I'll go along with that. Good idea.
Thanks for passing it on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts