Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I am starting this because I am currently painting and doing cosmetic restore to my old girl and will be posting up pics.
My current question, I am looking for a decal
on the tank below the filler cap is a warning label in gold. I believe it has always wear a helmet, be kind to nature and ? it looks to be written in english german and maybe japanese.

I saw this exact decal at reproduction decals.com a few years back but, in just checking there site it's not there.
anyone know where I can get one or two of these?

thanks
and I will be putting pics up very soon

Kyle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
side covers aftershot with the new black sprayed and pin stripe I put on. I went with simple charcoal instead of the yellow and orange scheme

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got the tank decals the tail decal and side cover emblems ordered and paid for just waiting on delivery. I took some pics this morning of the bike as she sits now I will post up tonight.

I still want to clean up the exhaust. They are solid but have little surface rust on the headers. the central collection chamber has surface rust and my left side pipe has etching from battery acid leak. happened years ago before I owned it. I am going to get some por 15 aluminum high temp paint and clean it all up I am waiting till i have a long weekend where I can do it have it dry and put it back on in a few short days I ride it all the time so. try not to be out of service for to long.

I will also post some pics of the decals when I get them was hoping to have them already but stuff happens and you have to wait on things.

Cheers
Mortikan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the right side of the bike I striped the tank once it was on this got a little widder than I hoped for with individual striped but it looks ok

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just another shot to show the pin stripe right side from the side covers to the tank.

I have red honda decals coming for the side and tail. and the honda wing red with white "HM" under it for the side covers.

I am jealous of Herr Decon's build. I have to say you are making us all look bad. I am still not sure how much money I want to invest in the old girl. I bought her for $500 last year have maybe $100 in parts and supplies into her. I was never intending to do a tear down but. little things look off and I start.

will it never end.

Cheers Mortikan

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a question. I still don't have my manual yet for this old bike I have been using an online version for free. but the server is down.
Does anybody know the procedure for adjusting the cam chain on 1980 cb400t? I have a little noise which could be due to this. I have never adjusted it and who knows the last time it was done.

thanks in advance

mortikan

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
MORTIKAN said:
I have a question. I still don't have my manual yet for this old bike I have been using an online version for free. but the server is down.
Does anybody know the procedure for adjusting the cam chain on 1980 cb400t? I have a little noise which could be due to this. I have never adjusted it and who knows the last time it was done.

thanks in advance

mortikan
There is a 10mm head bolt on the rear of cylinder head (same side and right below the intake). Loosen this bolt (while running), tap, and re-tighten. The cam chain is now adjusted.

Manual for your bike can be found here: http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3260

1 - 20 of 25 Posts