Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been tooling around town mostly on my 1979 Honda CM400A. Today a friend called and asked if we want to meet up for a noob cruise, we did about 250km. We met at a coffee shop, he rides a new Iron 883, $$$$. Off we went, he lead the way. First thing I noticed is that I could keep up easily. He seemed to be avoiding bumps due to low ride. Once we got out of town onto country roads, we opened them up. I brought the go-pro but alas forgot to charge battery. Once we hit 90 km/h, i felt that wind!. wind noise was ok, i have earplugs, i may get a windjammer. The wind on the body felt awesome but i could see getting a windshield. I noticed a few things on the bike. The throttle grip moves a bit left and right, mostly annoying. Though I like the ride through town, at higher speed i felt the back suspension too soft. I cant get the thing on centre stand! Lastly, backpack kinda sucks, I need some sort of saddlebags. M1 exit test in a month! So much fun, we are doing again but this time going for longer

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
A windshield makes a big difference. I can cruise 120 km/h all day on my T2 and the wind is minimal. The wind also doesn't bother my ears. I also picked up some old leather bags that I use all the time.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: ctrider

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another cruise. i managed to tighten the shocks one notch. better. thinking of getting a spitfire o6. need new helmet too. mine is my old gmax i used when karting. also noticed air going up jacket sleeve. thinking better gloves too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.