Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been into single cam fours for quite a while, Started with a 650 nighthawk, then fixed up a 350F, currently working on a 750 super sport.

I was at work one day and a guy offered me a CB200, for free. I took him up on it, thinking it would be a junker that i could at least part out.

I was mistaken.

It's in better shape than any of my other bikes. Plan on getting it running and giving it to my girlfriend for christmas.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
So, get to it!.... How can we help get it done in time?.... :D Steve

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Eh, she won't like it, and you'll likely get slapped. While it's still on that trailer just drop it off at my place.. :D

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I really like the CB200's for some reason.

I think it's the tank. It just looks great.

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully it shouldn't be too much work. The carbs i'm sure need cleaned/rebuilt, probably could use points, and needs a battery.

It didn't have the airboxes on it, but i managed to score a set on ebay.

Anything to watch for on these bikes? I read somewhere that they like to eat cams after sitting for a while.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Drain oil ...Hand rotate or "kick-through" with diesel in to clean passages.....Check at journals visually for flow.... If good flow, drain, add fresh oil.... run, re-drain, refresh oil again.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to do that.

Here are 2 of my other bikes. The supersport isn't ready for pictures till i get the morris mags installed on it.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Actually, SOMETIMES I run mine with the diesel (only for a minute or so) to get pump pressure to the cams, etc.... But that's just me..... USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT!...
Note: IF YOU DO THIS, you should have already cleaned the centrifugal filter, otherwise you will break that sludge and metal particles loose also, and they'll go straight to the top end......NOT GOOD!....

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Do as I say,.... Never like I do....lol :lol:...
A qt of diesel and a qt of Marvel Mystery Oil works even better......

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've found that the 200's on long sits--years-- develop leaky piston rings. They run but will get a good deal more power and fuel economy (not to mention easyer starting) once this is corrected. The front break is self adjusting- if the bike was driven much in the rain it may have rusted on the inside. If your not too late it can be repacked with fresh grease. Then test it a lot at first as some of them will go on self adjusting to fully locked. Good luck as it's a perfect first bike, or econo-bike, and it will cross mountains at freeway speed (screaming like a very mad Yellow Jacket)

There's a bee in my helmet or I forgot to upshift-CB200

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CB200 said:
I've found that the 200's on long sits--years-- develop leaky piston rings. They run but will get a good deal more power and fuel economy (not to mention easyer starting) once this is corrected. The front break is self adjusting- if the bike was driven much in the rain it may have rusted on the inside. If your not too late it can be repacked with fresh grease. Then test it a lot at first as some of them will go on self adjusting to fully locked. Good luck as it's a perfect first bike, or econo-bike, and it will cross mountains at freeway speed (screaming like a very mad Yellow Jacket)

There's a bee in my helmet or I forgot to upshift-CB200
To fix the rings should i just dump 50/50 ATF and acetone down the cylinders to free them? I haven't run a compression test yet on it, but it feels like it builds decent compression with the kickstart lever, Not like my 750, but i don't expect it to feel that hard ;)

I don't really want to disturb the engine gaskets if i don't have to, it doesn't leak a drop of oil... Yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts