Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here she is, my CL350. Yanked her out of my brother in law's shed a couple months ago and the same day I got her home she was torn down to a roller, engine in pieces on the garage floor. New tires and tubes, new top end, rebuilt SL350 carbs, new battery, new fuel lines, new points and plugs, rewired harness, a custom breather tube a'la Nissan Titan :ugeek: , and several hours polishing the chrome with a box of steel wool. She's almost ready to ride; I'm waiting on air filters so I can tune the carbs, and the timing is still off just a touch, hence the lack of stator and points covers in the pictures. But even being a little rough, she still runs strong and to hear that exhaust, man does she sound angry :D

This winter the frame, tank (hopefully swapped!) and side covers will receive a proper paint job, but for now it's getting colder and I'm gonna ride this baby while I can! I'll be loading her up this weekend or next and taking her out to her new home at the family farm, and I'll make sure to get some beauty pics before she gets dirty. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Like it! This winter when you take it apart to do the frame painting and other work, I suggest you take a close look at your forks. Replace the seals and oil, grease the bearings of course, but going by the first picture I'm going to guess that your fork tubes may well be very rusty underneath the boots and headlight ears. In fact, I'd be real surprised if they weren't! Forking By Frank in your future...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts