Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my CB500T:

It started as a cafe build but I hated the way clubmans felt. I switched over to drag bars and am much happier and comfortable. I still want to put fresh mufflers on it and replace the x-over box with a straight pipe. This winter I plan on recovering the seat and maybe adding a gel pad and/or fresh foam. The brown color has grown on me so I will probably keep the color. Since I don't really need the bar-end mirrors I've been thinking about switch to normal ones also.

Because I want to use this to commute 20ish miles, I am also thinking about a windshield. I really like the National Cycle Fly Screens. They look nice but I dunno how much benefit something so small will be.

·
Registered
146 Posts
She's a beauty! Where did you find those chrome gauges??? And what did you do for a rear brake light...

I love the trimmed down, clean look of the bike. Same direction I'm headed...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep the gauges are from Mike's XS, along with the headlight brackets, fork boots, grips, coils, wires, and a few rubber bits. It's amazing how much of that stuff fits the Hondas. The taillight is a LED cat eye style I bought off ebay that came with a plate bracket. It's not super bright but sure cleans up the back end with the bobbed fender and matching signals. I'll have to see if I can get pictures of her rear, I am pretty happy with how it looks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words guys, I'll try and get some more pics of the bike to post. I wonder how feasible it'd be to have a muffler shop custom make a 2 into 1 header for me? Would a single 1 3/4" muffler be too restrictive?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
By the time you were finished it would probably be pretty expensive actually. Unless you're prepared to do a lot of the fitting, welding, etc, by yourself. If you can do the work then you can often get messed up bent sections of muffler pipe from a local shop for cheap or free. Then cut and fit it by eye, then weld. There's always this option: http://omarsdtr.com/club16.html

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts