Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a CB360 the other day and I'm thinking about making it into a bobber. This is what I have it looking like so far.

there is a harley sportster tank and I lowered it in the back and going to put on solid struts and rake the front end and add longer forks.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
JMHO.....If it's a bobber, it doesn't need longer forks...
Picture this with struts....

It rode like a rock with the struts, and I grew up on rigid bikes.....I put the shocks back on to save my spine and Glutes.....
(Never did get around to adjusting/re-mounting the rear fender low again.....)
With the exception of the rear fender, taillight, and pipes, It's all stock Honda 350 and 360 parts....(modified stock seat)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree i need to make a new spring seat for it and make it a solo. I have my 1972 cb500 cafe if i want to haul any women around. I need to relocate the battery as well. where it is now it would just get in the way of the spring seat.

I like the stretched look the longer forks and rake would give it. If that makes it a chopper instead of a bobber I'm willing to be made fun of for calling it a bobber.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
You can call it whatever you deem appropriate...we won't make fun..... However, (it is my understanding that) Generally, a "bobber" has the excess weight/parts cut off/taken off/ or replaced with something smaller, But as soon as you cut the neck to rake it, it becomes a "chopper".... To me, they are just different results of the same "less is more" process....(which would also include Cafe' and racers too)..... :D Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rattle canned the paint on this and hand made the seat for this.

I just need to wire in a headlight and I think I'm going to have the paint done by someone who knows what they are doing and not using spray paint.

I was going to flip this bike for some money but its kinda growing on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got my cocktail shaker exhaust for it and It looks pretty sweet.

Right now I'm changing the location of the rectifier and volt reg. and putting on new weatherpack connectors on the ends of them. I also internally wired the switch for the headlight.

The person who had this before me basically took all the wiring and minimalized it, which wouldn't have been a bad thing but he used just plain black wires and some wierd ways of connecting them. So I'm cleaning that mess up too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts