Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reminded by someone about a pair of white 1966 CB450 police bikes I once had a chance to purchase for 750.00 for the pair. This was back in 2001 I believe. Over in Boone, Iowa an old guy had them stuffed into a shed and he was moving. I went over to look at them but I didn't know enough about them at the time to know if it was a good deal or not. One bike had white metal panniers and a light bar with a red spinning light on it. They both had big speedometers that had a lock feature so you could lock your speedo needle to show your victim how fast you clocked them traveling.

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/classics/bike.asp?id=59

According to this website, Honda only imported 25 of these bikes to the USA? I find it hard to believe, living in Iowa that I'd see two of 25 of anything in one spot.

Do any of you have any generalized info on these bikes? I've always been curious about them. The day after I learned they were rare and called back, the guy had already sold them and the new owner had them on ebay immediately.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
There's a siren and cable setup on Ebay right now for around $999.00

We've had a discussion here at one time about them..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:(

Probably the rarest things I've ever scrounged up and subsequently turned down. I love the black bomber look with the chrome toaster tank too. At the time I was less mechanically skilled and too chicken to work on them like they'd have needed.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Luke, could the ones you saw be the later K1 model? They look very similar and there were a few more of them about. If not, it would be great to know what happened to them.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They could have been newer. At the time I didn't really know what I was looking at. The two of them were slightly different in terms of what sort of lights they had on board. One had panniers and the other did not. I think one had a saddle seat and one had a bench. Both had a very high number of miles on the clock, up over 50,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts