Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've many times been told and read stories about people making barn finds but this friday I did a really good and inexpensive one. :D

In front of the barn is my new baby a 450 K1 from '68 without engine and tank. With this I can transform my 450 into a genuine K1 '68 this winter.
[attachment=4:23zd4edf]CB450 K1.jpg[/attachment:23zd4edf]

I got it with many boxes of parts. Two nice K1 side covers.
[attachment=3:23zd4edf]SSA52558-1024.jpg[/attachment:23zd4edf]

I've never seen a white seat cover. It grows on me. The chrome trim I need so bad is in very good condition.
[attachment=2:23zd4edf]SSA52566-1024.jpg[/attachment:23zd4edf]

Nice cigars. None of them are perfect concourse but they will look great on my bike.
[attachment=1:23zd4edf]SSA52571-1024.jpg[/attachment:23zd4edf]

K1 front forks with drum brake.
[attachment=0:23zd4edf]SSA52564-1024.jpg[/attachment:23zd4edf]

Attachments

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How I got the bike home I hear you ask. I borrowed my daughters Peugeot 205 and she came alogn on the 200 mile round trip.
[attachment=1:2fmkikrq]SP_A0547-1024.jpg[/attachment:2fmkikrq]

Stripped the bike down to the bare frame outside the sellers house. It took about an hour. He said he was so fascinated by my work he could not stop looking. :D
Then we crammed the frame and parts and boxes into the poor little Peugeot. I've had this silly smile on my face all weekend. :lol:
[attachment=0:2fmkikrq]SSA52547-1024.jpg[/attachment:2fmkikrq]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hearty congratulations. Just goes to show that it all comes to those that wait.
Very well done.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Oh no i can feel an obsession coming on :D Great find and just in time for winter, I just love the K1 and think it has the best style of all the 450's.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice find, and great use of space in the pack job! Looking forward to this winter and what you do with this build!

-Hzlscm

·
Registered
54 Posts
Geat find! The white seat is very cool :cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Awesome, Ronny. Simply awesome. I know you've mentioned how expensive those things can be over there, so I'm glad to see you got a good deal.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
man, you're having a rough trot with your 450 aren't ya :| perseverence brings the sweetest reward my friend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Outstanding! I really wish that people in the U.S. could spend a few years living somewhere other than the lower 48 states. Somehow we really need to show the common sheeple that you do not have to have a 6 liter V8 monster truck to haul home a couple bags of mulch for the garden or a few spare parts for the bike. You really do not need 1200cc's of motorcycle motor to be able to travel 65mph and be happy. You do not really need seating for 8 when 99.5% of the time there is one person in your vehicle.

Someone needs to teach some of these idiots that almost anything can be repaired, restored, or created if you have the drive and interest in learning. It does not have to come out of the Dennis Kirk catalog to be cool and a five year old bike is not worn out or out of date.

Keep it up and good luck on the project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts