Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 71 (im told its a 72 tank?) cb450 :D
notice the trick leather lever covers homemade from that era im guessing!

Day i bought her

an hour later. bars flipped!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
It IS a K5 color... (72 model year)... but could have been sold as far back as Sept 71.
I hope you didn't/don't dent that pretty tank with the bars in that position....Looks awfully close....

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Wow, looks like you could just take the leather covers off and flip the bars back over and have a good looking bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the bars do touch. i placed some 3m so theres no scraching and i have been ever so carful not do dent her...hopfully some clip-ons or clubmans make there way down the chimney!

-mike

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
For US models - K5 ('72) tanks had a chrome strip along the bottom, black headlight shells (in the larger 7" format), a seat with pleating in a checkerboard style (side hinges), and chrome fork ears - while K4 had painted headlights/fork ears, a seat with pleating like yours shows (rear hinge) and no chrome strip on the bottom of the tank.
Both K4 and K5 had those air cleaner cover emblems.
If it's a US model, the VIN should tell you the exact model you have.
Looks to me like a K4 in "Valley Green Metallic" with a replaced headlight shell (the smaller type). Serial number should be CB450-4100001 to CB450-4999999.
If the serial number starts with 5, it's a K5 with a replaced tank/fork ears.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i thought it was original...its that same green just faded a bit.
the lens measures 6''...housing is 7''
so would this make it a newer 7"??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the fork ears dont seem to be bent outward...and when i removed the headlight it wasnt wedged in there at all

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
From what I can tell by the picture it looks like the fork ears are pointed straight out, pointing directly ahead, from/in the middle of the fork tube..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts