Honda Twins banner

201 - 204 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Screaming Tiger, I have a quick question for you, my motor is out for teardown and parts checking and I'm about to learn what gasket kit and parts/rework I need. 21k OEM miles.

What gasket kit / headgasket did you use? Did you like them?

I'm looking at the 4into1 set right now as they have a series of kits, one including pistons and rings (0.25mm over)
Im no expert. ZBut I used the vershah kit

You will need to buy the correct orings for the base of the cylinders. The ones that come in the kits are too thick. I stuggled with mine but no leaks so far.

From my understanding, .25 over wont do much. Whatever you do, do not buy from Cruisin Image!

·
Registered
1972 CB350K4
8 Posts
Im no expert. ZBut I used the vershah kit

You will need to buy the correct orings for the base of the cylinders. The ones that come in the kits are too thick. I stuggled with mine but no leaks so far.

From my understanding, .25 over wont do much. Whatever you do, do not buy from Cruisin Image!
Thanks!

It's only getting honed/bored if it's thrashed, then it's a matter of how much it needs and what amount the stock carbs can handle (with proper jetting)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
So rejetted the carbs with 105 and 70 size jets. So where I am at is between 6k and 7k it stutters but if I dont give it too much gas it will build up to 7k and then BAM hit the power curve.
2 things I found wrong today.

I was adjusting while running on left cylinder, all went well. On right, it wouldnt start.
1) the choke on the right carb was closed as the linkage came off the left carb (DOH)
2) there is an air leak on the right carb at the throttle shaft.

Im going to pull the spint and stuff off and pack some grease in there, will that work? I noticed this before and I soaked the felt in marvel mystery oil.

Anyways the right mixture screw has little effect so this may be my issue.

I feel I am getting closer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Sucess! Spent a couple hours with silicone oil (oatey oring lube) and a shop vac. I got them plugged up pretty well and all the issues went away. Still a bit of a hard start on right side only.

It goes to redline in 4th, had it up to 60mph. There is a noticble vibration on the right foot peg and right grip. is this a syncing issue?

201 - 204 of 204 Posts