Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found your site and think it is very cool.
Here is my Scrambler I got for "Free" and sunk a grand into.

I look funny as hell riding this little bike but, I ride it anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Your not the only tall guy to straddle a honda twin....self-depreciation is a sign of intelligence.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ray,

Glad you found your way over here. Your bike is looking really nice. Good job. Had to laugh at the free being in quotes! Ain't that always the way... :lol:

Kirk

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome fellas.
I am going to spend some time looking around here a little more so as not to be too out of place when I post.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
don't feel bad, i', 6' 2" and look kind of out of place on my little CL350 as well.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mopar_man said:
That's nothing. I'm 6'5", 250. THAT will look out of place. :p
You have me by 2" and 35lbs. I am 6'3" and 215. All legs and belly :roll:
The bike is too small for anyone over 6' tall.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't mind it really but I've only driven it around the block or so. I think anything that is bigger and suited for my frame would be too much bike for me right now.

PS - Nice bike. I read through your thread on the other site about the build. I thought the gold was sexy. You should've gone with it. :D :roll:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mopar_man said:
I don't mind it really but I've only driven it around the block or so. I think anything that is bigger and suited for my frame would be too much bike for me right now.

PS - Nice bike. I read through your thread on the other site about the build. I thought the gold was sexy. You should've gone with it. :D :roll:
Hind sight is always 20/20
My next build will get original colors.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have decided that I like my little CL350K-3 Scrambler. I was running around on her all morning and my ass is killing me from the lame seat but, I had fun just the same riding aimlessly around the San Fernando Valley.
I am spoiled with comfort on my other two real motorcycles as they have Corbin seats on them that are extremely comfortable.
I am going back out on the Scrambler in a few minutes after I finish my lunch.
Have a nice day and ride 'em if you can.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tbpmusic said:
fasterspider said:
I have decided that I like my little CL350K-3 Scrambler.
You may recall I told you that when you first started this project......(smugly)
Yes Bill, I remember. :roll: :lol:
Riding around town when you don't have to get on the freeway is just right for the 350.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I added three more pieces to the bike today, a rear fender, a tail light bracket and a black tool box.
The old ones were all in very bad shape.

Now she is presentable and only really needing one more part, the headlight ring.

The rear fender & tail light bracket really look good compared to what was there.

If I don't stop after the headlight ring and just sell the bike, I will most likely powder coat the frame.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today I had nothing to do so I took apart my old right side carburetor in preperation of installiing it to replace the replacement. The bike will not idle correctly and bogs on take off.
It is plainly the right side carb that is acting up and I think the idle jet is partially clogged because the carb works great at WOT and the bike accellerates like a little raped spider monkey. {A 350 is small to call a raped ape} It does idle on both cylinders sometimes.
Anyway, it is 96º out in my yard and hotter in my garage so I have to wait until tomorrow before I can go out and pull the right side carb off and see what is going on with it.
The old carb is thoroughly clean and everything including the o-rings are in great shape but, it is missing the brass inlet tube.
Since that little brass tube is missing, I have to work with the carb that is on the bike.
I hope I can get that damned float bowl gasket closed again.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With nothing to do but go pick up a few parts today, I had time to pull and rip apart the right side carburetor, this is what I found.

A clean carburetor. The idle jet was open and everything was spotless.
I did polish the float seat for the hell of it.

This bike has me stumped.
I have done gone and changed everything single thing that can be changed except the engine. I seriously mean everything has been changed.
Twist the throttle a little bit and my right side carb bogs.
Go WOT and the thing runs like a raped spider monkey.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
66Sprint said:
Sounds like a carb synchronization problem....
Move the left side throttle plate and the engine revs.
Move the right side throttle plate and the engine bogs.
Believe it or not, I am stone out of gas.
I ran out the rest of the way when I pulled the tank and all my gas went all over the floor because of that damned cross over tube on the tank.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Ok...So the petcock is feeding to only the left carb?... (once it's down to low fuel)?...Or do you believe a full tank will cure the problem?.... Now I'm confused.....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
66Sprint said:
Ok...So the petcock is feeding to only the left carb?... (once it's down to low fuel)?...Or do you believe a full tank will cure the problem?.... Now I'm confused.....
This problem happens with a full tank of fuel, it is an annoying issue that never goes away.
I can't do any testing until I get some more fuel.

1 - 20 of 358 Posts