Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! new to the fourm but have been a cb owner for about two years now! When i bought the bike i ride it came with this hodge-podge of parts, i slapped some together to try and sell the bike and it just kept going! its a cl350 frame, cb350 motor, scrambler forks, VM30 carbs, new All Ball stem bearings, new rear shocks an ebay seat and a tank that came with the pile of parts that i painter myself! not much of a pinstriper :razz: . Heres some photos! i got it wired up and running but I'm having trouble with the carbs. It will start first kick, then rev fine then randomly rev wayyyyy up and not come back down. the throttle deff isnt sticking, I'm thinking air leak but i cant be sure. Is there anything else that would cause this? heres some pics! The goal was to get this bike going down the road without spending too much money since im probably just going to sell it so dont be too critical!

Machine Machine gun Gun Mortar

Land vehicle Vehicle Spoke Tire Fuel tank

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
725 Posts
You have a few things that don't look to rosy.

Where you have cut the back end off you have removed bracing that Mr Honda put there for a reason. What have you done to compensate?
It doesn't appear that your rear wheel is going to clear the seat frame under full compression, that could end in a pain filled lesson. The shocks look to short. You really should have fenders otherwise you and the bike are going to be eating grit and gravel. If your planning on pods, which you shouldn't, the picture at the bottom is a piston with less than 10,000 miles. The scoring is on the intake side from a bike with pods and no fenders. The forks are meant to be tied together, it usually done by the fender if you're going to run without one it needs a fork brace.
Take off the clip ons and put on the bars from the blue one. As it is it's a back breaker.
Automotive piston Tin Auto part Lid Cylinder

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight! The green bike is the bike I ride so the bars are staying! I agree about clip on’s But they’re trendy so it will say, I put a rear fender on it’s just not in pictures. I made a few rear frame loops but I decided against putting them on, maybe I’ll change my mind. I’m just looking to pass this one on as a mostly finished project to get it out of my shop. Good to know about the front forks I’ll have to put something on there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts