Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my dad had an old cb350 that quit running on him. said i could drag it over to my place and work on it if i wanted. i take it home and run a compression test, 0psi on one side. hole in a piston. dang. a few months later i find a guy on craigslist thats got one complete 72, and most of the parts for another bike. basically 2 bikes minus one frame. i pay him $110 and drag them home, he had a clymer manual too which was pretty sweet. ive been working on it the last month or so, its hardtailed, i put the good motor in my dads frame because i have a title to that one. i guess from here on ill let the pics speak for themselves.

dads old bike, what i started with

put some wrenches where the struts are supposed to go just for fun

right after it was hardtailed

painting the motor

polished fins

polishing brake hub, this sucked

made a side mount license plate, taillight is factory turn signal with an 1157 socket in it, tinted the lens red

how it sits today

anyways thats my story. just a low budget, no frills build. whole things getting stainless allen heads if my fastenal guy would get in gear, he says they should be here tomorrow. gotta put the clutch cover and cable on. taking the guages off and reworking the mount to run only the tach. gotta make a mount for the headlight, and make a battery/electronics box. and pull the starter and plug off the hole.

hope you guys like it!

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
I'm with you on the single meter, but most states REQUIRE a speedometer with working odometer to fulfill the "actual mileage" laws.....
Hope you enjoy riding your project...... :D Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
shes pretty rad man. I kept the single speedo up-top and re-located the tach down by the motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. i got to ride it tonite....no seat, tank, or pegs. but it does seem to ride out alrite at least on my street. tomorrow im gonna put the rest of it together and see how she goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts