Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got started on the winter clean up and tune up of my CB450 that I got in the fall. I really enjoyed riding this thing and am hoping to ride the s_ _ t out of it next season. This thing started out pretty cosmetically challenged but with some correct color parts that I found on ebay is starting to look prretty good for a daily rider. I set the valves and installed the NOS timing advancer that I found on ebay. I think I am going to look into putting an electronic ignition on it and replace the shift shaft and kick start seals. I also did some polising of aluminum and touch up painting on the frame in areas that needed it. I just had to tell someone of my progress, my wife didnt seem to be very interested in any of this. :D
Don Slicker

·
Registered
608 Posts
gotta have pictures!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
dlslick said:
I finally got started on the winter clean up and tune up of my CB450 that I got in the fall. I really enjoyed riding this thing and am hoping to ride the s_ _ t out of it next season. This thing started out pretty cosmetically challenged but with some correct color parts that I found on ebay is starting to look prretty good for a daily rider. I set the valves and installed the NOS timing advancer that I found on ebay. I think I am going to look into putting an electronic ignition on it and replace the shift shaft and kick start seals. I also did some polising of aluminum and touch up painting on the frame in areas that needed it. I just had to tell someone of my progress, my wife didnt seem to be very interested in any of this. :D
Don Slicker
Ha, wife wasnt interested, Your not alone there my freind! My wife thought I had finally lost it when I brought my 450 home and cut it in half the second day I had it! Its actually a good thing as now I can spend hours in the garage by myself, un-interupted! Like the other post said, post some pics. Everyone on this board appreciates what all is involved and how much pride one has in what he has done to his bike. From a nut and bolt restoration, a cafe build or a custom project like I'm doing. Its the respect you get from this board, no matter what your building, that I appreciate most. So, Throw some pic's up here dude, lets see what your doing! :D

Henry

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a picture of the 450 that I am working on right now. It will pretty much look the same when I am done with what I am working on now. This one came to me with a HUGE dent in the tank and I found the one in the picture on ebay. Right color, very clean inside, no dents, just a few minor scratches....... PRICELESS !! :)
It needed quite a bit of cleaning, the carbs were in bad shape, the headlight was broken and it had bent headlight ears. After getting it all back together it is my favorite bike to ride.
Don Slicker
1966 CM91
1969 CB350
1972 CB450
1973 CL350
1984 GL1200A

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, it is definitely a very photogenic bike. If you ever see it is person you will see that it has some "patina" which is the way I like it. I have a CB350KO that I restored and I am afraid to ride it. I dont know why because it ain't worth much but it doesnt have any scratches yet.
I try to ride them all and if I dont ride them I sell them. I thought about selling the CB350KO last year since I ride the 450 all the time now.
I have to admit that I still like the OldWing when I go a few states away though.
Don Slicker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts