Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see you are in Ontario. Anywhere near Brantford? If so, do you know good places for parts? So far I've been going to the dealership in Hamilton (Sturgess) but would like to know what used parts places might be around.

Sean

·
Registered
268 Posts
seanmalcolmson said:
I see you are in Ontario. Anywhere near Brantford? If so, do you know good places for parts? So far I've been going to the dealership in Hamilton (Sturgess) but would like to know what used parts places might be around.

Sean
North Bay. I get most of my parts off flea bay, cheaper but have to wait for the mail system to deliver.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not so far. What's 6 hours? I have looked at stuff on eBay. Some looks ridiculously priced, and when it isn't there are often ridiculous shipping costs. I damn cheap, so I guess I'll keep looking. Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a bit of an update. I finally gave up with my electrical issues and sent the bike off to the shop.

In one sense, I was happy to find that the problem absolutely drove the mechanic mad, as it was a number of large and small things that added up to intermittent problems. So, it wasn't just me. Also, I am thankful that I bought a parts bike, as it saved me some serious cash (stator & Ignition coil).

The downside is that it has cost me some money (That I don't really have... Oh, well. Who needs domestic bliss?)

But the bike runs now. Just need fork seals and a bit of wiring for my flashers to get it safetied.

How hard are fork seals?

I have added some comments to my blog. Pictures of my bike will follow once i get it back from the shop.

Sean

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the bike back and I have ACTUALLY ridden it! Great thrill! Kid in a candy shop. Still have work to do, like fork seals and and getting the signal lights working well enough to get certified. But getting closer! How hard are fork seals? Are they just work or are they complicated. Doesn't look too difficult form the manual... But I have said that before.

Here are some pictures of me on the bike:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts