Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is now running. I am so happy, I could cry. :D

The thing is, I am not sure what I have done to get it going. New battery didn't work by itself. When I took off the left side crankcase cover, water had come out. Perhaps just letting the alternator area dry out helped? Maybe just all the wire jiggling we did helped? Who knows?

I am posting some video to my blog. I would like to have some thoughts, especially on the sound of the bike.

Now, when it is idling, at times it starts to rev. I think I have installed my new choke improperly, so that may be part of the problem. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Also, when I bought the bike, I was told it was a CM400T, but I think that is wrong. It has the cast wheels, but the tank and the instrument panel are from the CM400E. No tach. Another odd thing is that on my newly acquired parts bike, the wheels are spoked, but there is a panel with a tach. So I am confused to say the least.

To see the bike, go to this site:

http://zenhonda.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
When it starts to rev does it stay up for a while? What rpms? If it is then it's running lean. Mine was getting "stuck" at 7k a lot and by doing a few things I've managed to bring it down to 3k and less frequently. Take a look at my thread.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When it starts to rev does it stay up for a while? What rpms? If it is then it's running lean. Mine was getting "stuck" at 7k a lot and by doing a few things I've managed to bring it down to 3k and less frequently. Take a look at my thread.
I don't have a tach, so i am trying to adjust by ear. I'll have a look at yours to see. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts