Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Man, that looks really nice! The seat (or seat cover) looks like one from a '70 model, but I'm nitpicking...;)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yeah, the bike is beautiful - and I'm also appreciating the '70s reel-to-reel on the bench too. Not sure if it's a TEAC or a Sony, but I have a Sony 7" similar to it from '71 and it still plays the only chrome tape I have for it and recorded hits on in '85

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Yeah, the bike is beautiful - and I'm also appreciating the '70s reel-to-reel on the bench too. Not sure if it's a TEAC or a Sony, but I have a Sony 7" similar to it from '71 and it still plays the only chrome tape I have for it and recorded hits on in '85
Reel to reel? I had you pegged for an 8 track kind of a guy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliment. Nice to know there are very knowledgeable people out there. I replaced the seat in the mid-80s, and this was the closest I could get. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to comment on the Sony reel to reel in the background. It provides some great music to work to. The functioning Pioneer 8-track is on the workbench.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
It looks so nice!
Why are you taking it down?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The functioning Pioneer 8-track is on the workbench.
I thought it looked like a Sony, just a little nicer one than mine. Sadly I let my functioning home 8 track player go a long time ago... had about 20 tapes too, would have been good stuff to have now. It was a Pioneer deck as well, bought it new for cheap then at $35 after replacing the 8 track in my car with a cassette. Of course, half of the 225 or so albums I have were bought back when they were $3.99 each too :D (background stuff in pictures is always interesting! that's why we like them to zoom)

20190405_095917.jpg

·
Registered
582 Posts
That rear rack is like holy grail status! Sell it to me

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I notice a few boards laying around . Are you a fellow woodworker too?

Bill
Won't claim to be a woodworker, but I'm not a Honda mechanic or an audiophile either. The bike is in my shop in the basement, and that is where all my wood is, along with everything else I've 'holed away' for 50 years. I just enjoy working with lots of stuff.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack your thread but does anyone know where I can get one of those little backrests? I have a NOS rack for the back of a build and I'd like to find one of those for it. BTW......beautiful bike!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
What would you put it on?? I probably should see if I can get it rechromed.

I have a 1970 CL350. I say it's "grail status" because it still has the leather cushion and it looks to be in good shape.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a 1970 CL350. I say it's "grail status" because it still has the leather cushion and it looks to be in good shape.
Sorry, I didn't see there was a page 2 to the replies of my post. That little back rest cushion is in like new condition. Funny story which I had completely forgotten until your comment on the cushion. In 1969 I was riding along the Mississippi River when I realized the entire backrest had vibrated loose and fallen off the luggage rack. I backtracked my ride and found it on the side of the road in a state park. It originally mounted to the top of the rack and sat higher. After the original frame fatigued from vibration and broke, or at least cracked, I modified the mount and lowered the cushion. I've always liked the current lower profile. And it should be good for a couple of mph at top end :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts