Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of used mufflers that I knew were from an earlier CB450 than my 72 but thought that they would fit. These are for a KO or K1 and they seem to have an extra bracket for mounting the left one if I remember right.
Can anyone tell me what that is for and if these will fit on my bike? I dont want to cut that extra bracket off in case I decide to sell these to someone that has the appropriate bike. I like the look of the earlier pipes and these are very solid and in better than average condition.
Thanks, Don

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Yeah I would'nt be cutting on mufflers of that vintage.. If need be I have a good used set of mufflers I'd sell from my 74 model. Not show parts, but not rusted out either. Pretty nice for a daily rider actually. I'm not sure of their value though.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Sounds like you may have Bomber mufflers - DO NOT alter them, they're like gold if they're in good shape.
I also have a good pair of very useable later style mufflers available.
Not show quality, but no holes of any type - tarnished on the inside from battery acid on the right and chain oil on the left one, like they all are.
I went aftermarket and opted to not use them.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew right away that I shouldnt cut on them. I saw the bike that they came from but there was not tank or side covers on it. These pipes have a couple of small dents, a little surface rust but are amazingly solid. They do have some battery acid stain on one. If someone has a Bomber that needs these contact me and I can send pictures. The pipes on my bike are decent, solid, mufflers and good for a daily rider but someone drilled out the rear baffles. They are not annoyingly loud but definitely louder. I did the same thing back in the day. ;)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
dlslick said:
I knew right away that I shouldnt cut on them. I saw the bike that they came from but there was not tank or side covers on it. These pipes have a couple of small dents, a little surface rust but are amazingly solid. They do have some battery acid stain on one. If someone has a Bomber that needs these contact me and I can send pictures. The pipes on my bike are decent, solid, mufflers and good for a daily rider but someone drilled out the rear baffles. They are not annoyingly loud but definitely louder. I did the same thing back in the day. ;)
You should post over at the 450DOHC site, with photos.
http://groups.msn.com/HondaCB450DOHC/general.msnw?action=get_threads

That's where the Bomber guys hang out.
If they are Bomber mufflers, you'll have takers.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just looked at a Black Bomber and these mufflers I have are definitely for that bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts