Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Newer rider here hoping for some modification advice/suggestions
I am looking into swapping my large cone mufflers with something a little smaller and louder as well. One issue I have noticed is that the center stand rests against the current mufflers when in its stowed position. With shorter mufflers on, the center stand instead springs all the way back into my chain. Does anyone have a recommendation as far as aftermarket mufflers that can still support my center stand? Is it safest to just remove the center stand entirely? I have also considered welding a bracket off of the frame to hold the center stand, seems a bit sketchy though. Any advice is appreciated! I can provide some pictures if needed, but I figure this has to be something someone has dealt with before.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
An "L" shaped bracket usually can be bolted on at the passenger peg mount for this purpose.......

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I don't see how this can be avoided unless you have something there as a stopper for the center stand.
Why not just add a foot section of 1 1/2" pipe to extend the shorter muffler so that the center stand can rest on it?

Kinda like how I did mine here

pipe.jpg

Personally I think bikes that have mufflers way shorter than the wheel base look kinda silly anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for advice guys. I had not thought of extending with some pipe. I will probably end up going with a bracket. Just makes me a little nervous having that being the only thing between me and a center stand to the chain. P.S. 76TWIN That is a sweet bike. I hope to own one similar someday. Looks like you put a lot of work into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts