Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going with either the 27.75" Dunstall Style Reverse Cone Muffler, or the 26" Reverse Cone Megaphone Muffler, from Dime City. Does anybody have any experience with either of these? For my '68 CB350. If one was a little quieter than the other, I would probably prefer quieter. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I have the Dunstall-copy ones on my '69 350 and they have a slightly irritating sound - a little loud, but more strange than loud. I got a couple friends with authentic Dunstall experience to listen to them and they said "yep, that's what Dunstall pipes sound like". I don't know what the other ones sound like, though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the Dunstall-copy ones on my '69 350 and they have a slightly irritating sound - a little loud, but more strange than loud. I got a couple friends with authentic Dunstall experience to listen to them and they said "yep, that's what Dunstall pipes sound like". I don't know what the other ones sound like, though.
^+1

I had those pipes on my cl350 and didn't like them at all.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

Are the dime city ‘Dunstall’s’ like the left one?

I have the long Emgo Dunstall reverse cone (right) and I can also confirm they are annoying.
I like the look on a small twin they aren’t too different from OEM in size, but if you get them I advise going to home depot and investing $10 in a big bag of ear plugs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Dunstalls look like the ones you show there on the right (27.75 inches). Sounds like I want to avoid those for sure. The other ones I was looking at are the 26" Reverse Cone Megaphones. I think that would be a better choice. I have attached the Dime City photo of those. Thanks for all the responses. Good info!
80-84034-vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-streetfighter-motorcycle-parts-26-inch.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - those do look good, but they might be a little out of my price range from what I can tell right now. Might consider those later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts