Hey guys here is the CB175 K7 project I'm calling "The Abarth 175" for the combination colors, sleek and small design. I owned a 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth black with red tand silver trim, dual exhaust, turbo 5 speed. I recently sold it. I miss it dearly.
I bought it about 8 months ago not running with no tank or seat (or title), no side covers or air boxes.
My mission initially was to make sure it ran. Reading my intro you'll read that I got it realllly fired up lol. This was 2 weeks ago. The next day I stripped it down to it's barebones. Wanting a hybrid cafe/tracker while giving it a bit of masculinity.
After stripping it down I made a couple cuts to the frame. 1.5" behind the shock post, took off the center stand and the supporting hardware. I found a 7AH AMG battery that is TINY so I was able to make my sub seat electrical box flush with the bottom of the rails. I've had the seat for this build for a while and all I had to do was cut out a chunk of the plastic where the battery would lay in the tray. I used fiber glass and Bondo to smooth the space between the sheet metal and rail. I also filled in the holes where the side covered would normally insert.
The following parts I've been picking up over the past few months.
-2nd set of carbs (off a 71 CL175) (for parts) and 2 rebuild kits
-Points, alternator, crank cover gaskets
-Crank engine cover
-New (used) wiring harness
-Modern Regulator rectifier (cutting out the yellow/white wires to the right switch and jointing the white to the yellow just after the coil plug in.
-Rear air shocks (13.5") 1 inch taller for riding position for rear sets
-Several different rearsets of used 2010+ aftermarket and various OEM. Some were bent, some just parts but I got an amazing deal on eBay for the box full.
-Led wiring harness (2 circuits) with switch and relay.
-Clip on handlebar brackets
-2 UNI Pods (red)
-Black and red aftermarket seat
-71 CL175 gastank (pretty beat up)
-new aftermarket petcock
-new fuel lines and clamps
-inline fuel filters (not sure if I'm going to use these yet.
-3 part gastank restoration kit
-header stud (had to pull one out that was broken off)
-new fork seals.
- 2 3" LED headlights (will be mounted in a custom fabbed front plate fairing
- used clutch cable
- NOS front brake cable
- New rear brake cable (more on that in a future post.)
-Rattle paint and 2 part matt clear already reduced
-Digital dash (pulled it off my cm/gs build as I'm getting a different one for that ride.
-stainless steel hex engine hardware
This post will include photos from the start to where I'm at today. I'll try to post daily as I should be done in a week or so depending on how much my ol lady lets me work 😂
What I started with..
Next is the tare down and paint..
Cleaning and painting the engine block/covers..
Engine needs some touch up but after a couple of days my buddy helps me get it in the frame and assembly begins..