Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Wish I had the money to start one, we have a lot of vintage owners in my area (but none are members here except Dan Johnson, who is moving here next month). I think it would catch on

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Wish I had the money to start one, we have a lot of vintage owners in my area (but none are members here except Dan Johnson, who is moving here next month). I think it would catch on

Yep. It's the initial capital required to invest in all the tools and equipment alone would be prohibitive.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ba humbug,The idea of a bunch of hipsters sipping $6 coffee trying to soak up some motorcycle Karma makes me cringe. I'm to the liking of the garage staked with parts old coffee and a couple of old bus seats for the regular liars that stop by to tell a story or two.Sorry my inside voice got out,I'm sure its cool in a TGI Fridays kinda way.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Ba humbug,The idea of a bunch of hipsters sipping $6 coffee trying to soak up some motorcycle Karma makes me cringe. I'm to the liking of the garage staked with parts old coffee and a couple of old bus seats for the regular liars that stop by to tell a story or two.Sorry my inside voice got out,I'm sure its cool in a TGI Fridays kinda way.
I think you could make it a combo of both if you did it right, and what (real) rider doesn't enjoy a little bench racing anyway? I think if you kept it not Starbucks, more pub, you probably wouldn't get as many hipsters... and of course, the house crowd could be of assistance with that too

·
Registered
475 Posts
Now that I like!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

^^^^+1^^^^
EXCEPT.... if they want to spend the money... I'm MORE THAN WILLING to accept it. I'm learning more in my older days, work smarter, NOT harder...
You can still keep your integrity intact, AND separate a fool from his money. Those "jagged little pills" are a whole lot easier to swallow when you chase them down with a single malt scotch apposed to $6.00 12 pack beer...
Plus , vintage parts don't come cheap...

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
C'mon - there's something in between single malt and Old Millwater... :lol: I think the sentiment is toward avoiding the "bourgeois" types - like the mid-life businessman Harley riders who decide they suddenly want to be part of something they never wanted to be previously once they have the money to participate, just because they see it as being cool, or the "nouveau riche" café types who get into that for the same reasons... can't disagree with that, no matter how much money they want to spend - for me it's the principle of putting up with the style and attitude. Reminds me of the sports-car types who stand around and discuss the driving gloves they wear

·
Registered
475 Posts
I do love the idea of spreading the motorcycle virus,brand new old riders and young.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just see having a cool place to work on things and hang out. At my hangar https://www.facebook.com/hangarbuilds/ there's a bit too much cars/trucks/bikes and is not really set-up right to hang out (It gets too flipping hot, no water and toilet is not convienient). For the most part it would be an invite only place not some mainstream coffee shop.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts