Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my CB has never had a horn. After a bunch of incidents where I wanted to let the cager (who is texting, snoozing, or eating) in front of me know that the light is green, I am deciding to get one. I found one for cheap on CRCII:

I know it will probably sound lame, like "meeeeep meep" but whatever.

Are these horns bike-universal in mounting/application? Do I need a "classic Honda OEM" horn?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
To answer your specific question, your photo looks like it would work. Just need two wires, mount it anywhere you want.

Now, this horn will do what you desire - you'll see all those drivers sit up straight and pay attention.

About $50 (chrome), compact (just 4.5 x 4.75 x 3.25 inches), loud beyond belief (139 db !!).
Used to run air horns myself, navigating Denver traffic - incredibly effective, saved my butt more than once.
These new ones have solved the "lag" problem - soon as you push the button it gets real loud, real fast.
The new ones also don't melt your horn button.

One of these is on my "list" ........the black one is only $36.95.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/motorcycle-horns-stebel-nautilus-air-horns-c-244_287_375.html

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked a friend about horns as well. He sent me this link:

[youtube:1842kyyv]hAKD-m44s40[/youtube:1842kyyv]

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I think that if I let this rip, people will freak out and think that a freight train has jumped tracks and is barreling down the street!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
krukster86 said:
Haha I think that if I let this rip, people will freak out and think that a freight train has jumped tracks and is barreling down the street!
Damned straight !!!
That's what I'm talkin' about.

To stay alive out there, you have to be aggressive in being noticed when it matters.
They'll notice this horn.......even over those Dunstalls you run :shock: :shock: :eek:

·
Registered
785 Posts
My CBX could carry a horn that big.
But, my CBX does not need a horn even though she is properly equipped with a pair of CB750/900F horns.
She is overwhelming enough with a rev of the massive 6 cylinder engine and her headlight modulator modulating.
I am saving that link in my favorites and will buy one when I have the funds for it.
Thanks Bill.

·
Registered
70 Posts
tbpmusic said:
To answer your specific question, your photo looks like it would work. Just need two wires, mount it anywhere you want.

Now, this horn will do what you desire - you'll see all those drivers sit up straight and pay attention.

About $50 (chrome), compact (just 4.5 x 4.75 x 3.25 inches), loud beyond belief (139 db !!).
Used to run air horns myself, navigating Denver traffic - incredibly effective, saved my butt more than once.
These new ones have solved the "lag" problem - soon as you push the button it gets real loud, real fast.
The new ones also don't melt your horn button.

One of these is on my "list" ........the black one is only $36.95.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/motorcycle-horns-stebel-nautilus-air-horns-c-244_287_375.html

I installed one of these onto my scooter. It mos def gets people's attention! I've had cagers start drifting into my lane, and one good press of that button, and they're swerving back into their lane wondering where the Cadillac came from. Another time I was waiting to make a right turn, and there was a dude who was standing just off the curb, but clearly in my way, and clearly in his own world. I wanted to do just a little "meep meep", but all I had was a "BWAHHH BWAHHH". Needless to say, the jolt of adrenaline woke him up.

I haven't yet put one on my bike, but the thought's been there...I def recommend the Stebil air horn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts