Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Waldo here with a new problem. Over last winter I rebuilt a 1968 CL350. Keeping it stock looking, but I did replace the wiring with a M-Unit from Motogadget. I spent the summer getting the engine to run, and finally got it tuned when the weather turned cold. When I tried to pickup where I left off, I was getting no power at the m-unit. I checked my voltage on the battery and the m-unit, and both were the same. But when I turn the ignition on I still get no power. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this, hoping that I did not fry the m-unit. Let me know what you think. Is there a master reset that will set the m-unit back to stock, or ???

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Did you check the KILL Switch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike does not have a kill switch..it only has a light dimmer on the right control, and Axel, yes it was an expensive add-on to the bike. That is why I am trying to recover the device rather than going back to wires and fuses. Thanks for both your input..waldo

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
"getting no power at the M-unit", tells me it is either fuse, wiring or battery.

If you have power at the unit, verify grounds.

What is the model, serial number and firmware number? Their website has manuals with troubleshooting info you can download.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I assume you're using the stock ignition switch?

Check for power on the red wire and ensure you also have power on the black wire when the switch is in the on position. From the ignition switch, the red wire should get power from the main power terminal of the m-unit (thick red wire from battery). The black wire from the switch connects directly to the LOCK input on the m-unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts