Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of my Morgan Carb Sync Tool in action and what a great tool it is!

After verifying compression, points and timing I set about checking the carb sync. I didn't get a "before" picture but here is the "after" result. The bike I'm tuning is my 4 cylinder Gold Wing and I'm having some problems with the idle circuit. I played with the idle mixture screws and set them 2 turns out (factory spec) before starting the sync. The manual calls for the carbs to be sync'd within 2 CM of each other and when I took this picture I thought I was right on. After looking at the picture on the computer I realized I wasn't as close as I thought even though it was withing spec. I went back out and got them within 1/2 cm of each other so that's close enough. :)

I'm still going to probably have to rebuild the carbs but I wanted to play with the new toys first. It was drizzling slightly so I have to wait until tomorrow to see how it runs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also have a morgan carb tune and it's one of my prized tools in the collection.

It almost takes longer to hook everything up, than it does to actually balance the carbs.

No messing with mercury gauges, no calibration needed.

It's well worth the investment, and would suggest it for anyone serious about working on their own bikes.

I got sick of the plastic nipples that are included so I bought a set of the brass nipples. Especially on 4 carb bikes the brass nipples are nice because 2 of them are long which are used in the two inside carbs.

But other than that I would very highly recommend the Morgan carb tune over any other synching tool

·
Registered
439 Posts
Where are you guys finding Morgan Tune kits for sale? I've been looking to buy one for awhiles but I dont see them for sale often. Maybe its just me? danWI

EDIT: well, ask and you recieve! heres the link i just recieved http://www.mcp.com.au/carbtune/index.html

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
danWI said:
Where are you guys finding Morgan Tune kits for sale? I've been looking to buy one for awhiles but I dont see them for sale often. Maybe its just me? danWI

EDIT: well, ask and you recieve! heres the link i just recieved http://www.mcp.com.au/carbtune/index.html
Dan -

I ordered mine directly from the factory in Dublin - http://www.carbtune.com/

They didn't take PayPal, but did accept my AmEx card, quick shipping, considering the distance.

It's a wonderful tool, I'll keep 'em forever.....

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine from the factory as well and they were easy to deal with. I don't recall it being available when I got mine but it appears they have a 2 column version now that's a little cheaper if you don't think you'll be doing any 4 cyl bikes.

http://www.carbtune.co.uk/carbdtls.html

They send plastic nipple fitting but if I was to order one again, I'd probably opt for the brass fitting. Every time I screw one in I'm afraid of stripping it. You have to be careful with the brass ones as well but not as much.

It's a great tool.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Brought mine after advice from this group, quick, simple and friendly service and i used PayPal? go figure :? one of the best tools i've brought from the web.

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
otr002 said:
Brought mine after advice from this group, quick, simple and friendly service and i used PayPal? go figure :? one of the best tools i've brought from the web.

Rod from OZ :cool:
Maybe they changed their PayPal policy after I bought mine - I did mention to them that it would be more convenient.
Is it possible someone actually listened to me??

Nahhh.......

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have had my Morgan CarbTune tools long enough now that I have had to replace the vacuum hoses on both of them. I have two Morgan CarbTune carb sync tools and they are some of the best specialty tools I have in my tool box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts