Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have my new/used swingarm cleaned and ready for install... but first a couple of questions:
1) Do the grease holes in the steel sleeves need to line up with the grease holes in the axle? Seems like they need to but I can't find that address anywhere.
1a) if the holes need to be aligned... what is the trick? I was thinking of marking a line on the end of the sleeve and axle but does that make sense?

2) my bushings are tight in the swingarm but the sleeves will slide in and out of the bushings without much pressure. Is that too loose?

3) the axle also slides into the sleeves easily but neither issue 2 nor 3 see to have a lot of play/wiggle.

If I mount up the assembly, is there a movement allowance or measurement that indicates that there is too much wear? I have located new bushings and new sleeves if necessary but new axles seem to be MIA.

Thanks for any advice. Sure do appreciate all of the help and resources on this site. BTW, I have the old grease fittings removed and new zerk fittings installed.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ok, as far as i can find, no hole allignment. Use a good bearing grease on the sleeve and the pivot bolt when putting it together. Same grease you will pump into fittings is best. The bolt and the sleeve should slide in easily, then tighten, and pump grease into it.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, as far as i can find, no hole allignment. Use a good bearing grease on the sleeve and the pivot bolt when putting it together. Same grease you will pump into fittings is best. The bolt and the sleeve should slide in easily, then tighten, and pump grease into it.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
I need to find a copy of the FSM. Thank you for the info!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The FSM can ve downloaded from the Common Motor Collective (an advertiser & Site supporter) from their MANUALS PAGE.

Make sure you clean out the inside channel of the Swing Arm Bolt for any old dried up grease.
Also NOW is the time to replace the Metric Grease Fittings with SAE Type for the standard grease guns used in this side of the big pond.

Reactions: chaindrivecharlie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The FSM can ve downloaded from the Common Motor Collective (an advertiser & Site supporter) from their MANUALS PAGE.

Make sure you clean out the inside channel of the Swing Arm Bolt for any old dried up grease.
Also NOW is the time to replace the Metric Grease Fittings with SAE Type for the standard grease guns used in this side of the big pond.
Perfect, I will get the FSM downloaded. Thx for the tip. Yes, I have pulled the old grease fittings, clean the inside of the axle bolt and tapped and installed new Zerks. I have the swing arm back on but the chain tension needs to be corrected so I am learned that process now. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts