Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As these are horizontally split, are there any problems or issues mixing top and bottom cases? My present engine has a stripped oil drain bolt hole and I have a few extra cases. I want to keep my '68 K1 "matching" upper case.
Tia
Adam

·
Registered
496 Posts
Usually the top and bottom are set around the crank.......iirc.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You can switch top and bottom cases no worries, the crank is bolted to the top case. Just remember K0 cases are different from K1-K7 and cannot be interchanged.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Or you could install a helicoil or timesert in the drain bolt hole and preserve your case set.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking helicoil or that it might be easier just to swap bottom cases. At least I now am certain I have options.
I'll be taking the path of least resistance, whatever that is.
thanks for your help
Adam

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
LMAO @ Only
you ever wonder who there comes up with these prices? 2 grand for a lower case?? really? and then there's the shipping from them too... imagine how much that would be if a lousy 3 oz. follower or torsion bar costs 25 euros to ship

·
Registered
101 Posts
You guys are lucky!!

Ever try to buy from CMS when you are in one country (Zimbabwe), your card is from a European country and you want the part delivered to someone in a different European country to carry it for you? Impossible; even though you are a previous customer. And if the part you get turns out to be rubbish? Tough!! (Mind I did have it sitting on a shelf, in original packaging, for 4-5 years waiting to be installed ;) , but it was crap!)

I now stick to David Silver, even if a little more expensive, the customer service is much, much better.

Sean

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I now stick to David Silver, even if a little more expensive, the customer service is much, much better.
Sean
I agree - and DSS isn't even more expensive in many cases, as well as they are far more flexible with returns and overall customer service IMHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts