Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to start my bike up this spring, i put in my battery and started kicking. Then it stopped, just jammed up. I found that one of my valve adjusters was missing. It had fallen out and was jamming it up. I took the head off and found the nut, but the screw is missing. I think it fell down in the by the cam chain. The bike cycles through now completely but i'm really nervous about where that screw is. If i take the head completely off and remove the cam chain, do you think i'll be able to find it? I don't know what's down there?

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Take the engine out of the frame.....NO easy options unless it falls out when you invert the engine....Otherwise, Tear it down until you find and remove that hardened bolt......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So take the motor out and burp it like a baby? Sounds about right.

I'm curious to know what the case is like under the cam chain? Is it closed off or is it open to the rest of the bottom end? Could it be swimming around in oil?

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Could be.....There is a "windage tray" just under the crankshaft that might have caught it.....
Regardless of where it ended up, it is critical that you find and remove it......

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Try a flexible arm with magnet, sometimes you're lucky....

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Hope you find it without a teardown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GOT IT! Thanks everybody! Got it with a cheap telescoping magnet pen. It was in the cam chain. I'll get a new one and be back in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hi,

Forgot to mention, lately, there are endoscope's on the markets, and cheap, but good enough to work with.
I suggest to buy one and check visually if nothing is damaged,

An endoscope in combination with a telescopic magnet is a powerful set of tools and (can) save a lot of trouble in many occasions.

Jensen

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Good for you!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts