Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This last weekend my bike started missing while in first gear and accelerating up to second. Within an hour this had started happening in second gear, too. Now it's happening in third and fourth as well. Giving it more throttle makes it worse but when using only a little throttle and good clutch control I can sometimes keep it from happening at all (though this is getting harder).

The bike idles fine and cruises just fine. The problem only seems to occur under load.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm still totally a newbie, but if it was me...

Fuel is easiest to check, though I don't think that's it. Check to make sure gas is flowing from the fuel valve. If you have an inline filter (or two) check to be sure gas is flowing through them.

Plugs, points and timing are next. The plugs will probably tell you quite a bit. Let us know!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I had a similar thing happen but it was in all gears. I didn't tighten the main jet enough and it fell out and was laying in the bowl. Slight throttle was good. Any more and the flood gates were open and the bike couldn't run on all the fuel.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm now not 100% sure the problem is due to misfires. Gear/clutch slippage may be the issue?

All I know is that when I'm accelerating the bike feels like it's sputtering. Acceleration is intermittant until I get toward the top of the gear and it starts happening again once I shift up to the next gear...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same\similar issue.

Runs ok for a bit, but begins to prefer less and less throttle after a few minutes\blocks.

I've been thru the carbs a couple of times, so I'm going to look at electrical next.

Let me know what you find\found?

Thx,

...Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts