Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, took it and flogged it pretty hard (WOT) as it is running pretty good and it is getting colder by the day so I am running out of time. Good idea or not I added some of this Sea Foam additive product I have used before in the gas and a little in the oil to clean an loosen internal parts. I planned on adding, run for a few rides and change the oil again. It had a lot of gas in the oil when I got it. When I got back I gave the lower engine a quick look to ensure I was not loosing fluids as I recently changed out the shifter and clutch seal. That's when I noticed a little drizzle of a milky fluid oozing down the center stand from the breather tube. Not much, a few drops. Any ideas? The Sea Foam stuff? normal from running at high rpm's?

One thing I noticed right away after adding it was the kick starter was like super greased and smooth. I guess this stuff bathed the kick starter gear and spring as is sits right below the oil filler.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crap, smelled the stuff and it smells like gas! Going to check the carb float valves as the petcock works fine as I just had the tank off and it did not leak. They carbs are not over flowing but going to check the height and make sure they shut off the gas when closed. Of, course, change the oil before running it again.

·
Registered
608 Posts
generally milky looking goop is a oil water mix, SeaFoam is hydroscopic so it would pick up any water or moisture lurking around in the bottom of your cases or in cases of high humidity mixed from the air

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hydroscopic? or Hygroscopic? Attracts water right? Well lets assume it is picking a little water, mixed with a little gas creating the ooze. I am going to set the floats and change the oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts