Honda Twins banner

Mikuni VM32 throttle (idle) stop screw adjustment

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Yendor 
#1 ·
After a whole lot of tail chasing, finally got my carbs dialled in for the bike. One would think you would leave good enough alone, right? Nope. She was idling a little low, so I decided to turn it up a bit by adjusting the throttle stop screws. End result was a 'spitting' carb (best way to describe it .. maybe 'sputtering' !?!) Anyhoooo, continued messing with the idle stop screw to correct it ... spitting gone, but now hangs at high idle for a period, runs super hot on one cylinder (lean?) and cooler on the other. I know, I know...I shouldn't of messed around, but here we are. Are there spec adjustments for these screws? Help!! I just want to ride!

#2 ·
It seems that most posts I see about VM's all say how much trouble the owner is having getting them to work and perform to a decent level.

I'd say consider finding a set of OEM Carbs for your Model/Year - Rebuild them and be done with it so you can just RIDE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.