Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a set of mikuni tm28's on my cb350. The problem now is the jets. Is there someone who has experience with these tm's on a cb350 and what jets to use? I can not find any info for these carbs on a 350.

Thanks and sorry for the poor english.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
I have no experience with the TM flatslide carbs on a 350, but based on experiences with the VM series, almost every internal will need to be "adjusted" as the Mikuni's usually arrive set-up for 2 stroke engines...... Slide cut-away and needle will often be "wrong" for your application, jets will likely be too "fat" and slobberingly rich, etc, etc......
Someone who understands the Mikunis may eventually arrive at the correct assemblage of internal parts, (after significant parts swapping and expense) but then will also be dealing with the larger porting which was engineered for the CV carbs the bike came with....... The later model SL 350's had much smaller intake porting to match them for the Kei-Hin slide valve carbs that were used......
All that effort and expense will produce an engine that is not appreciably "better/stronger/faster" than the original set-up and carbs unless the engine internals were also "upgraded" (larger valves, more radical cams, higher compression, etc)....While this might be desirable for a race bike, it becomes a detriment as to "streetability" and operator comfort...

·
Registered
314 Posts
On my XT500 I had a 40mm Mikuni flatslide. They sell adjustable main jets for those carburettors that might come in handy. Also the acceleration pump is fully adjustable. I only had to choose the right pilot jet but I might have been lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts