Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this successfully? I've searched and searched and only seen the VM's setup on a CL350 that's all stock except for a Charlie's Place electronic ignition.

I've got the correct throttle cable, intake manifolds, pod air-filters and a bunch of jets. It's the actual physical mounting and clearing the tank that I'm concerned about since they're big and tall.

Would love to hear other's experiences setting these up.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Alright - this is an OLD thread but I am going to bring it back and make it sexy again. :-D

Currently on my '99 XR400 I am switching from the standard round slide to a flat slide pumper carb for better low end throttle response and performance. From the descriptions from others it smooths out the low end response into the mid range. The stock carb has a pretty noticeable stall/lag when I blip the throttle and then it comes on. So I'm going with a 36mm Flat Slide Mikuni and hopefully it will get things nice and smooth with a more crisp response.

So this got me thinking - has anyone updated their CB/CL350 with some flat slide carbs?? I've seen a few threads on it but it doesn't look like anyone has really tried this out. Based on my understanding the flat slide carbs provide better low end and mid range performance with better crisp response.

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/41-fuel-supply-carburation/38594-round-vs-flat-side-carbs.html

Flat Slide VS Round Slide Carbs

My main goal is to go with a more modern carb that has a little better performance and maintenance over a CV type carb. I've had a couple issues with throttle shaft air leaks which makes things tough to get right since its hard to get correct parts (felts and spacers). Matthew and PJ I'm looking in your direction?!?! ;-)

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts