Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to pick up a set of new coils from Mikes, but I seen a little bit ago that he was currently out of stock on them. Does anyone know if he has anymore currently in stock? I tried to email him, but I have not heard back yet on the status. I also found some on 650 Central, figured I would give them a shot as well.

Thanks for the awesome forum guys, I already have learned a lot about my bike just through the use of the forum. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks for the information. I went ahead and just ordered from him, since I wanted to get new wires and boots. Hopefully I will get them by Friday and I could have my bike running by the weekend. Thanks for the help! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey, could you post which ones you ordered?? Specifically the item #. I want to order some, but want to make sure I get the right ones. After all, I ordered an oil filter from CRC2 for my 360.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Uhhhh......The oil filter on a 360 is a cleanable, centrifugal filter....They don't need to be (aren't) replaced usually unless damaged ..........????????

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
66Sprint said:
Uhhhh......The oil filter on a 360 is a cleanable, centrifugal filter....They don't need to be (aren't) replaced usually unless damaged ..........????????

He was saying that he accidentally bought one online for his 360 Steve. Some companies on Ebay list paper element filters as fitting several bikes that don't actually use them. He wanted the actual part number for the coil so he didn't make a similar mistake.. ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Whew!..... Thanks Bird......Thought I somehow missed something...... :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
For a points ignition any coil that has a 4 to 5 ohm primary will work. Even the big can type from an older car will work. A coil with a higher output can improve starting and overall running.
Mike's coils put out about 10 - 12 k volts. A coil that puts out say 20-25 k volts will be a definite improvement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also want to order some coils from Mike and was disappointed to see he was out of stock. Let me know if he emails you or fills your order so I can place mine as well.

JONNY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts