Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I picked up some free beat up bikes in april. Turned out to be an 81 CM400C and 70 CL350. Been working on the CM400 since then and got it running, registered, inspected. Got my permit and am scheduled to take the road test on the 23rd.

It's been an adventure trying to get it to run and then run well. This forum has been so great. All the electrical info, carb info, and just everything... I am very thankful for this forum and hope to be of some help to others in the future.

I'm trying to find people to ride with, any ideas? So far I've gone out twice on the streets. Many many miles in the church parking lot though =)

Thanks again to all you wonderful people helping each other out.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Got any pics to share of the bike(s)?

·
Registered
399 Posts
You'll need the Factory Service Manual. PM sent.
You may want to consider joining the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club. They have chapters throughout the world and sponsor rides. Good opportunity to meet other vintage folk.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
Plant Leg Houseplant Metal Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive wheel system Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

The airbox had a nest in it, wires all cut up, acorn shells and sticks inside the frame, throttle cables were frozen, choke was frozen... people doubted that it would run again.

Thanks for the leads on the motorcycle groups

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Wow, the beginning and ending pictures tell a story of someone dedicated to resurrecting an old, worn, beat up bike. Nice job there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts